Obtaining the Flight Environment
There are a few options for obtaining the Flight Environment, some of the methods will be covered within this documentation:
- From the OpenFlight Repository
- Prebuilt RPMs and DEB packages are built and maintained by the project, this is the recommended way of installing Flight on an existing system.
- Through the Flight Solo image
- For those utilising public and/or private cloud, the Flight Solo image provides a preconfigured OS loaded with the OpenFlight tools and useful extra hooks to get you started with HPC deployment quickly.
- Downloading the source code
- Every project is available in the OpenFlight GitHub organisation, the very latest changes are available here however it is not recommended to build it from source for general usage. The source code is subject to frequent changes and won't be vigorously tested until just before packaging and releasing in the repository.