What is Flight Solo?
Flight Solo is an HPC-ready, platform-agnostic image approach to deploying HPC resources.
Flight Solo provides a personal High Performance Computing (HPC) environment for research and scientific computing. Compatible with on-demand, reserved and spot instances, Flight Solo rapidly delivers a whole HPC software environment, ready to go and complete with job scheduler, applications and remote desktop service. Multiple software application frameworks are available for use including SPack, Easybuild and Conda containing many hundreds of different programs, libraries, compilers and MPIs. Data management tools for POSIX and S3 object storage are also included to help users transfer files and manage storage resources.
Built on EL8, loaded with the Flight Environment and presented with useful cloud-init integrations - the Flight Solo image provides an image suitable for:
- Researchers & End-Users to get going with HPC, fast
- Rapid deployment of replicable HPC environments
- Proof-of-concept cloud HPC environments
- Evaluating the Flight Environment
What Should Be Here?
This should contain:
- Cluster Build Methods // Creating Clusters with Flight Solo
- Tidied up a bit to be easier to navigate reference (see modular page)
- Cluster Build Workflows
- Example with specific use-cases / user-data (connected to running workflows add the end)